James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction ..


Psalm 37
Trust in the LORD, and do good .. Delight yourself also in the LORD: and he shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Relaxing at the Pool

After we got back from Safari we decided to cool off in the pool at the White Swan. We spent almost 2 hours there. It's quite nice with the palm trees and it sits right next to the Pearl River (well actually the entire hotel is right on the bank of the Pearl River). The girls seem to have a very good time. I think this may have been the first time for MeiLi to be in a public swimming pool. She had no idea of how to enter the pool or walk on the floor of the kiddie pool. But she got the hang of it pretty quick. They had so much fun that they did not want to leave the pool. I could have lounged there longer myself but we needed to go so we could get something to eat for Dinner. We ended up taking a long walk down to a Italian restaurant. It was good but I still like Olive Garden (back in the US) better. We got back from eating and I bathed the girls while Mary
chatted with Kathy on AOL Instant messenger. Now, as usual, I am typing in the dark here as Mary Karah & MeiLi are all turned in for the night. I need to turn in too because tomorrow first thing on the agenda is MeiLi's complete physical exam. Wan An! (Good Night)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That White Swan hotel looks very impressive. I showed Samantha and Shannah the pool on the hotel's webpage and they were oohing and aahing.. ;-)

Could Meili see any animals while on your back? She looks to be having a hard time peering over your shoulder! ;-)

I like Karah in her cultural costume!


Cheers!
Mike

Anonymous said...

sounds like things are going well for you guys still! Our friends the Linkous' are in the White Swan now. They brought their 4-yr old with them also (adopted from China in 2004). They get their new baby girl on your Tuesday. I hope you run into them! They are great people too!

Tim Lovejoy said...

Mike, Yes Meili could see the animals. I made sure to lean her toward them when we were driving and also when walking. She was very excited .. pointing and talking in her native language.

Shelly, who knows, we may have already met them :-) We have met a few couples adopting at the Swan Room (playroom) and at the pool and when eating at the Breakfast buffet.

Yunnan Pronvince