广州 - 沙面岛Mary bathed the girls tonight so I slipped down to the second floor of the hotel where the famous red couches are. There was a pianist & flutist playing there and I walked over to the wall of glass to gaze out at the night lights on the Pearl River. It is very beautiful. We are on the opposite side of the hotel which also has a great display of lights but the Pearl River really takes the prize. I'm not a great photographer but I did find some photos that show a good representation of what we see at night here. One is of the White Swan itself as seen from the Pearl River. One is of a bridge we see across the river. The last shows the street here in front of the Hotel. This district is called "Shamian Island". It is a combination of old colonial buildings and new modern skyscrapers. It stays warm at night so it is pleasant to walk around outside. We don't go out much at night though, except to eat because the hotel restaurants are very expensive. With this post I'll say good night. Tomorrow we have a free day while our BLAS guides take our paperwork to the US Consulate to get the adoptions for the babies & toddlers finalized.
晚安


1 comment:
I need to add that by day the Pearl River is not much to look at . It is heavily polluted. Some people in our group said that it stank.
Post a Comment