James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction ..


Psalm 37
Trust in the LORD, and do good .. Delight yourself also in the LORD: and he shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Inner Strength - The Bookmark

Early in Meili's adoption process, I came across this bookmarker. Neither Mary nor I know for sure how we got it . I started using it in my message Bible which I was reading daily. It always seemed to remind me to pray for MeiLi and for her adoption process. So I would hold this in my hand and pray for her. I translated the characters (which is a meticulous process for me) and I found out it is a Poem that simply says "You already have the power within you".

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoices and with my song I will praise him.

As I prayed, I pictured MeiLi coming from a Southern Province where they grow a lot of flowers. It turns out that the market in Dounan, a suburb of Kunming is Asia's largest flower exchange and exporter of flowers. Kunming is where we will be going to get MeiLi.

2 comments:

Kim said...

This is beautiful! God is truly wonderful!

Kunming is BEAUTIFUL! Yunnan supplies ~80 - 90% of China's Flowers. We loved seeing all the flowers while we were there. Hope you have as an enjoyable trip as we did!!

Blessings,
Kim R
another Kunming & Dillon mom

Tim Lovejoy said...

We cannot "see" our future but God does give us points to anchor our faith to.. a glimpse sometimes.. and he reminds us to hold onto our faith.

Yunnan Pronvince