

Last night went well. We made another harrowing trip to WalMart to get needed baby/toddler supplies. This Walmart is hard to describe. It's like the center of a shopping mall and has other stores all built around it. It is 3 stories and has a hard to find entrance on the second floor, then multiple exits. We started out at the hotel and then several families with babies filed down the narrow alleys & streets with the babies. I had MeiLi in a back carrier. There is no apparent right-of-way for pdestrians so you have to be very careful. The Walmart also has ramps between floors to push the shopping carts up & down. It seems very dangerous if there is a lot in the cart. We bought two bright pink Walmart shopping bags (they don't give you bags for free) and Mary put MeiLi baack up on my back as we left the store. So I had MeiLi on my back and a pink walmart bag full of supplies in each hand. We had seperated from the group so Mary & I walked back to the hotel; we sort of got lost for about 20 minutes but we finally managed to get back to the hotel. I had to cool off (I'm no spring chicken and this is over 6000 feet in elevation). Aftera bit of rest we went across the street and found a restaurant that has good western food. I got a hamburger, Mary got pizza, MeiLi & Karah had spaghetti with ham & cheese in it. It was very good. We were seated in an upstairs area which had the windows all open with no screens. This is a sub-tropical area that is called the city of eternal spring so the temperature is very nice. In the restaurant the vines halfway cover all the windows so it seemed like being in the jungle. After dinner we came back to the hotel and bathed the girls together. They played with some plastic toys we bought at Walmart. The girls & Mary retired in the King size bed & I sleep on a cot. We all slept very well. MeiLi woke up once and cried but Mary comforted her quickly & it seemed she was just thirsty. There was a thunderstorm right about the time we went to sleep so we got a good light show and it poured rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment