James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction ..


Psalm 37
Trust in the LORD, and do good .. Delight yourself also in the LORD: and he shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mei-Mei is with us!




This is Tim writing..We have MeiLi! It was a very emotional day for all of us and the other families. MeiLi is now calm in the hotel room. She is accepting food and drink, and is playing well with Karah. She does not speak Mandarin or understand it. She has been saying a few words in her own dialect which is called "Mile" (mee-lay). We met the orphanage director and the nanny who has been taking care of MeiLi. They told us that MeiLi was actually an orphanage child but the nanny took her home with her at night and was her foster mother. We have no smiles yet but she seems to be settling in fine. I can't really describe how I feel, finally being able to hold her and kiss her cheeks. I'm letting Mary do the initial bonding right now so I will put up more photos later. Words just can't describe this. Thank you Lord that everything has come together for our daughter to finally be with us.

6 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

Congratulations from another Dillon family!!! I'll be watching your posts for pictures and stories of your family's gradual adjustment - can't wait to see that first smile emerge!

Jill G

catsage_2000 said...

Can't begin to tell you how excited we are that you have MeiLi.
We totally understand the emotions you are going thru. Just sitting here reading about it brings them all back for me. Praying for an easy adjustment for you and your newest family member.

Fondly,
Cathy, Bill, Emma and Erin

Anonymous said...

Tim and Mary, She is beautiful! her whole world is spinning right now and I will be praying that your hearts will begin to melt together! Enjoy your journey..Karah is just a doll, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim, Mary, Karah and MEI-LI !

;-)

Congratulations - she is beautiful. I'm sure the smiles will be seen very soon.

God Bless!
MMSS

Lori said...

Look at that sweet face! God bless you on the attachment and getting to know your new daughter!

The McMurphys
Dillon Family

Howard and Kim said...

Hi! Another Dillon family thanking you for sharing this precious time in your lives! We'll be praying the adjustment goes smoothly, and that you'll be seeing those smiles soon!
Kim H.

Yunnan Pronvince